Thursday 8 March 2012

Plaster crisis averted - with porridge

 

Plaster crisis averted - with porridge

For the fifth year in a row, the UK is suffering from a plaster shortage. It dries inside twenty minutes, in contrast to the two to three days for plaster.

The porridge has the texture and consistency of wet plaster, but with an added couple of advantages, as explained by Quentin Aker of Q. What with being a plasterer I get through a good deal of plaster. This replacement comes in fifty gram bags.

Help for people like Grammar has arrived in the shape of microwaveable porridge.

"Also, while I'm on the cons," said Grammar, who had yet to list a pro, "it's using all me milk up that I need to be putting in me tea.

"When it dries," said Aker, "the finish is smoother and harder than plaster. To top it off, if you are starving you can actually eat the walls. I get more in a bag of cocaine than that. I ordinarily buy me plaster in fifty kilo bags. I've got a kitchen to plaster in Wolverhampton, but can I get any plaster? Can I buggery.

"It's okay, don't get me wrong," he said.

Grammar has tried the new porridge-based plaster mix.

Additionally, Grammar doesn't like the way that instead of mixing in a bucket, the porridge-based plaster has to be mixed in a bowl and cured in a microwave. If all the milk's gone in me plaster, what am I going to do? I can't drink that, can I? Or can I?" .

Plaster crisis averted - with porridge



Trade News selected by Local Linkup on 08/03/2012

 

No comments:

Post a Comment